At a glance
- Pharma Belgium, wholesaler with 4 distribution centres
- LloydsPharma, retailer with 100 pharmacies
- Pharmactiv, pharmacy cooperation with 360 partners
Several times a day, Pharma Belgium distributes medicinal products to Belgian pharmacies from four modern distribution centres in Eppegem, Ghent, Houdeng and Liège. The head office is located in Wavre. Pharma Belgium has been a part of the Celesio Group since 1993.
Learn more about Pharma Belgium: www.pharmabelgium.be
Belgium has a population of 11.3 million people and around 4,900 pharmacies in total. With about 2,300 inhabitants per pharmacy the country has one of the highest densities of pharmacies in Europe.
Today, LloydsPharma Belgium operates 100 pharmacies, spread over the country’s three regions. A total of over 400 pharmacists and pharmacy assistants work for this national pharmacy chain.
Celesio started its pharmaceutical retail business in Belgium in 2001. Six years later, the Group had acquired a range of pharmacies. Celesio runs its own pharmacies under the name LloydsPharma and offers independent pharmacists support through the pharmacy cooperation Pharmactiv.
Learn more about Lloydspharma: www.lloydspharma.be
Pharmactiv is a cooperation of 360 independent pharmacists founded in Belgium in 2009. Joining Pharmactiv allows pharmacists to take advantage of all the synergies a cooperation provides:
- Development towards an optimized procurement policy
- Ability to select the purchase channel best suited to their pharmacy
- Benefit from a wide range of marketing services
- Professionalization thanks to the Group’s experiences
- Membership of a large, national network of pharmacists